What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500kg fins - help please

kradbuilder

Hi Guys - sorry it has been a while since i posted anything on here

maybe someone could possibly help me out here

I am one of the trustees of the Sywell Aviation Museum which is located on the Sywell Aerodrome Northamptonshire.

Last year we were luky to do a deal and we received a German 500Kg bomb for the museum.

This is now on display in our Luftwaffe hall together with a large number of relics from a Dornier which was shot down locally.

The bomb is great - it is clean and in good shape and is representative of the type the dornier was carrying. It crashed with a full bomb load - 2 of the 4 discovered are still in existence - one at Harrington not far away.

Anyway - our bomb doesn't have any fins.

Is it possible we could beg steal or borrow a set of fins for display in the museum with the 500kg. We were donated a very bent fin from the crash which will be put on display but we are looking for a good set we can display alongside it.

One of our chaps is very skilled - he could even copy if he had a pattern or even manufacture from a set of drawings.

Hope somebody will be able to help us here

thanks

philip

Hi Phil,
if you cant locate any real ones,then why not have some repro ones made?
There are quality SC50 fins on the market(im taking a set to Beltring),and im sure some of the lads here have drawings for a 500 set of fins?

best

waff

I have a 500 kg fin with me at the War and Peace show stand H-1-2-3, if you come you can make pictures and you can make drawings, regards Ben

Hi

thanks guys

happy to get some made - need some drawing, could someone help me with drawings please

FJORDHOSE I will visit you at Beltring on the friday.

philip