What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50kg german ww2 (early dated)

waffenamt

Well im 'blown' out with this parcel that arrived today! :tinysmile_classes_t

German SC50 kg with bonus's!
From a distinguished member on BOCN who who i shall be trading again with very soon.:tinysmile_grin_t:

I wondered if anyone guessed what was in the parcel on pic 1? :p

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006847.jpg
    S7006847.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 122
  • S7006848.jpg
    S7006848.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 118
on quick perusal i have found a few nice early stampings that match the tail cone and body. :)

Attachments

• S7006849.jpg
    S7006849.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
  • S7006850.jpg
    S7006850.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 48
came with bonus bits including this lovely 25D still in pocket but dont flap!!,its all inert as pic shows.
Gaine seperate and empty!

Attachments

• S7006851.jpg
    S7006851.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 79
  • S7006859.jpg
    S7006859.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 65
a couple of shots of the fuze..

man alive!,i wish it was the fabled 25-Y.... :p

Attachments

• S7006855.jpg
    S7006855.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 41
  • S7006856.jpg
    S7006856.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 34
  • S7006858.jpg
    S7006858.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 33
It really has made my day!!
Out tonight for a few beers,but before that im off to the collection room to add the spare tails i have.
I will be having this one restored to its former glory with new paint for tails and case(Phil;))

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006860.jpg
    S7006860.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 41
  • S7006861.jpg
    S7006861.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 43
  • S7006862.jpg
    S7006862.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 45
  • S7006863.jpg
    S7006863.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
very nice waff any reason why its painted white

regards lee

Thanks Lee.

Its grey,the flash is making it seem white. :) prolly a post-war repaint to stop it corroding??
It will be undergoing a full restoration very soon with a bit of luck.

cheers

waff

came with bonus bits including this lovely 25D still in pocket but dont flap!!,its all inert as pic shows.
Gaine seperate and empty!

Very nice Indeed and wish the tails were still with it though:tinysmile_twink_t:

Looks to be the early fuse pocket, with a seperate arse end,which is exactly the same as my BLC50,so normal tails will fit but need to be
unfluted.

These were the standard spanish civil war era 50 and must have just simplified the end for manufacture later on.

The fuse pocket wont give its fuse up,and best left as is,unless you want to cut the steel down its lengh.

All in all a good week for the bombadiers and it wont stop there:bigsmile:
Although the wraping leaves a bit to be desired guess what i am:tinysmile_angry2_t:

best phil

Cheers Phil,i am a happy-waffy today indeed!

That fuze is staying in its metal surroundings as i think it looks great as is.I could give it a looooooong soak but i doubt it would give up as i reckon the 25D will be steel thats corroded to the pocket?
Ok,its off to the collection room now,im off for some food and will be suitably 'refreshed' later on. :p

best

waff

eeh, i wish my wife got as excited as you when she saw my parcel!

Seriously though, looks very nice. Wouldnt mind one myself, especially with a nice box to put it in. Where is the best place to find one? I managed to borrow one a couple of years ago from a friend for a display but had to give it back:sad:. It had a nice history having been dropped on cambridge early on in the war.
Hangarman

eeh, i wish my wife got as excited as you when she saw my parcel!

Seriously though, looks very nice. Wouldnt mind one myself, especially with a nice box to put it in. Where is the best place to find one? I managed to borrow one a couple of years ago from a friend for a display but had to give it back:sad:. It had a nice history having been dropped on cambridge early on in the war.
Hangarman

:bigsmile: oh im very excited,trust me on that!! lol
The girl im seeing at the mo is going to be a happy lady later. :p

Well in all honesty,its a case of hunting and not stopping. Some luck,lots of money and there ya go!
Did you take pics of the cambridge one?

best

waff

:bigsmile: oh im very excited,trust me on that!! lol
The girl im seeing at the mo is going to be a happy lady later. :p

Well in all honesty,its a case of hunting and not stopping. Some luck,lots of money and there ya go!
Did you take pics of the cambridge one?

best

waff

Sorry to say, but i dont have a picture
:sad:
Hangarman

Hi Waff,
Nice addition to the collection, and I love the packaging, a few cheqered black and white boxes drwn on and you would have a mini ppolaris missile.
Best Regards Weasel.

Hi Waff,
Nice addition to the collection, and I love the packaging, a few cheqered black and white boxes drwn on and you would have a mini polaris missile.
Best Regards Weasel.

:bigsmile: Im still amazed nobody pulled it in,but alls well that ends well! :)

I will pop a picture up soon with its tails on.

cheers

waff

Great bomb Waff. I so respect everything you guys post on here. Man I get to see (stuff) that I may have never seen in a lifetime. I've always considered WWII to be WWI part two. If I had the resources i'd be collecting all over the grid. So much ordnance so little time! One thing done got me was could they have been any more obvious on the shipping package? I'm seriously considering an alternate collecting area as in the course of things i've ended up with 2 of a lot of stuff but I think where I may branch is into US Korean War through the end of Vietnam. Like I alluded to earlier just too many fish to fry.......Dano

Thanks dano,much appreciated. :)

Its a joy to share the pics for all. Pricewise,no collectables come cheap nowadays.
in fact,im off to a callout now in another town on a Friday evening. No matter though,think of the money towards the next bombcase im chasing up. ;)

best

waff

Just a quick moby pic of the case and tails together before they go off for restoration :)
The tails for the SD50 will hopefully be ready for collecting soon too.:)
cheers

waff

Attachments

• Image0020.jpg
    Image0020.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 44