What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

57 MM Nordenfelt

The rotating band on the projectile does not look like the usual Nordenfelt design.

Yo busco una punta de este proyectil la vaina la tengo

Saludos

I look for a top of this ammo the case I her have

Regards

Are you sure that the point is not an american antitank solid projectile? The driving band looks like more modern than the normal Nordenfelt one. I`m not sure. The other 57 mm Nordenfelts I saw in museums or collections were of the type you showed. Anyway, for sure I can swap it here in Spain for a 37mm Skoda or a russian 37x94R HE or AP.

I dont know the answer but the case is 1937 by which time the band design could have changed, I'd take a very good look for markings on the shell.

Looks like i have also 57mm Nordenfelt desing round,but origin is Russian.Imperial russian built license copy of Nordenfelt.

This one has solid projectile,anchor logo on it.Used by finnish army as coastal guns after 1939 winterwar,before that used by navy.

47nord1.jpgSDC10033.jpgSDC10032.jpg

If the projectile came in the case shown, it is probably not an"original" Nordenfelt as the case is marked 1937 RL which indicates later British manufacture. Elswich produced Nordenfelt ammo before WW1 but as far as I know, did not after. The shell itself is more modern in it's profile compared to the early projectiles. I would say that this is a British 6 pd. Measurement of the case could tell if it was made to the specs of the older Nordenfelt.

Nordenfelt 1884

This is just before he joined Maxim.

Attachments

• Nordenfelt 1.jpg
    Nordenfelt 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 79