What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5cm squeezebore query

SG500

Premium Member
On pages 108 and 109 of "Von Flanschengeschossen und Wolframkernen" by Manfred Stegmuller there are 2 photographs of the 50/37 squeezebore HE projectiles.
Does anyone have specimens they can show?
What case was used?
What other variations exist (the ones shown are the standard HE and the long HE).
Sorry, I'd scan in photos of the pages but suspect there would be copywrite issues. The book can be found on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.de/Von-Flanschengeschossen-Wolframkernen-Entwicklung-Hochgeschwindigkeitsmunition/dp/393006006X

Dave.

Dave,

I think you might be hard pressed to find someone who owns such projectiles given their rarity.
However you might like to contact Armin Bickel, iff anyone is likely to have one, or to have any info on types in existence it must be him (or he might know someone who does).

http://munitionsmuseum.de

Kind regards,

Menno.

Thanks Menno, if they're out there I keep hoping :neutral:
Great link, is Armin on BOCN?
Dave.

Dave,

Here's the one I recently had. It is a practice type with a solid aluminum nose plug. When I tried to unscrew it, the whole ogive and nose plug came off together and revealed the body filled with black tar as an inert load. I think a small arrow on the nose plugs was the only marking present.

Rick

Attachments

• PICT0688.JPG
    PICT0688.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 47
  • PICT0689.JPG
    PICT0689.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PICT0690.JPG
    PICT0690.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0691.JPG
    PICT0691.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 41
Dave,

Here's the one I recently had.
Rick

OH WOW!!!!!!
That ones really near the top of my "Wants list" ...........and you don't have it any more??:sad:

Thanks for showing it, that's one nice projectile.

Any idea what case it would take?

Dave.