What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

60 Pr Gas shell info required...

starshell

Premium Member
Good evening,
Would any members here have any information / technical drawings of the First war British 60 Pdr gas shell, and its variants, in particular engineering contractors drawings, etc.
Many thanks in advance!
D

Hampshireman, that is absolutely perfect. Thanks a miilion. Exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers!

Hampshireman, that is absolutely perfect. Thanks a miilion. Exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers!
As the diagram says that’s the double diaphragm type. There is also the container type. I’m away from my references at the moment so cannot post an example.

Thanks peteblight,
Any other infor mation is much appreciated. Trying to find a source which will detail dimensions of such a shell, height, etc,....
Cheers!

Here is the relevant LoC paragraph (22270) for Shell, BL, Chemical, 60-pr. The dimensions for the various marks might be of some use.

Attachments

• LoC 22270 - 0001.jpg
    LoC 22270 - 0001.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 36
  • LoC 22270 - 0002.jpg
    LoC 22270 - 0002.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 33
  • LoC 22270 - 0003.jpg
    LoC 22270 - 0003.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 31
  • LoC 22270 - 0004.jpg
    LoC 22270 - 0004.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 32
Thanks peteblight,
Any other infor mation is much appreciated. Trying to find a source which will detail dimensions of such a shell, height, etc,....
Cheers!
I have these plates from "Handbook of Shell 1918. They may be helpful.

Attachments

• 60Pr a.jpeg
    60Pr a.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 60Pr b.jpeg
    60Pr b.jpeg
    762.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 60Pr c.jpeg
    60Pr c.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Thanks peteblight,
Cheers!
Bonnex to the rescue again:

Is this handbook available somewhere as a pdf ?
No. I copied it 15 ? years ago .It is half A4 size with a lace for a binder. It had colour plates too but I cannot find my colour copy ,only the B&W copy.
I do have a B&W photo copy as a spare. I am not sure how to send a private mail to you.

Last edited:
Thanks a million to all the members who chipped in with this thread, it's much appreciated.
Great info on a shell I thought there would be very little on, so many thanks!