What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,6 CM PAK 40 Head Stamp (Fake?)

M8owner

Here is a picture of a Pak 40 case that has been offered to me. This head stamp is not like my other 1944 dated Pak 40 case. The stamps look to be added recently. Is there any chance this is original and meant for the Russian 76mm guns rechambered to the Pak 40 case?

Thank you for your help.

Steve

MD009299.jpg

you are right, these are not original. 7,5 cm and 7,62 cm Pak cases had the same headstamp. Just the ink stamp on the side of the cases was different...

That looks a bit off to me. The stamped letters look newer than the corroded case. Notice that the metal around the letters also looks slightly shiny. I'd say that someone stamped it themselves.

A proper wrong un ! as we would say down ere in Devon. The font is all wrong as is the PAK that should be Pak, he can keep that one. Have a look at these stampings on a 7,5cm Pak 40 case i used to have.
Best regards Weasel.

new pics 29 017.jpg