What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.62x54R

smle2009

Hi,got this round(inert) from Peashooter(thanks Richard) I'm having a problem with the manufacturers code 270,according to other sources this manufacturer made 7.62X39 but not 7.62X54R! Can anyone throw any light on this
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• P8260001.jpg
    P8260001.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 28
  • P8260002.jpg
    P8260002.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 45

Agree.

My records show Factory 270 made:
7.62 x 39mm
9mm Makarov
7.62 x 25 Tokarev
5.45 x 40

No 7.62 x 54 listed, so you may have found a goodie!
Cheers
TonyE

Yellow tip

Yellow tip is heavy ball Type D30, weight 182 grns. Silver tip is light ball Type LPS, weight 150 grns.

Regards
TonyE

As your pictures isn't so good I want to make sure what I can see.
Is it 270 43 ?
Erik

Hi,got this round(inert) from Peashooter(thanks Richard) I'm having a problem with the manufacturers code 270,according to other sources this manufacturer made 7.62X39 but not 7.62X54R! Can anyone throw any light on this
Cheers Tony

Hm, thats interesting - all I could find out was, that from 1942 to 1944 the factory was shut down because of German occupation.
Erik

Thanks for that Erik
At least that proves that factory 270 did make 7.92X54R at some time,very strange about the date?
Cheers Tony

I'll check my other one, I will have to dig it out but it will be interesting to see if it is the same date.

If I gave you the really rare one can I have it back please :tinysmile_shy_t:

Only joking mate mine should be the same date as they came from the same lot.

Rich.

Don't think so Richard,been looking at mine on and of all day & it's looking more & more like a 49 to me,still can't find a refrence to factory 270 making these for myself,even on the one Erik quoted!...Tony

Thanks Erik,
I,ve had this site as a bookmark for ages,in the section 100 odd years of 7.65X54R they still state that 270 did not manufacture this round,although there is now a 270 in the box to "click on" but nothing happens! Erik do you know the name of the factory & location? If you do I can at least stop trying to find it on web sites that can't make their minds up about this!
Cheers Tony

The bullet with yellow nose is a "D" or second name is "D-30".
Factroy "270" - is a Lugansk town, Russia (now is Ukraine).

Cheers!
Jhonni.
:)

Last edited: