What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.92mm Besa Tracer

smle2009

Hi all,
Got this Besa Tracer today from Andysarmoury(thanks Andy) can anyone tell me if this round should have a coloured tip,have looked on the web(conjay arms) and they show both with and without,so maybe it is year related? the headstamp is K42 GIIZ
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• P9290001.jpg
    P9290001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 43
  • P9290002.jpg
    P9290002.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 48
Hi Tony, just had a closer look at the other one's i have here same date and they have a red annulus if that helps have a look at the pic i don't know if you can see it ok.
Andy

Attachments

• P1020430.jpg
    P1020430.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
7.92 besa

British service BESA tracers should only have a red annulus, not a red tip.

Post war Kynoch contract production, typically headstamped "K66 G2Z" often did have a red tip.

Similarly, British wartime incendiaries should not have a blue tip, and 99% of them do not, but last year in St.Louis I picked up a BIIZ with a blue tip that was identical in colour etc. to the .303 B.VIIz.

Maybe a factory that was making both .303 B.VIIZ and 7.92mm BESA incendiary made an error.

Regards
TonyE

Hi TonyE,
Many thanks for the info,this is the first Besa round I have managed to get hold of(thanks Andy) so I wanted to make sure that I got it right(needed a small bit of TLC)
Cheers Tony