What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.92mm Mauser Bullets/projectiles

archmoco

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a photos or drawings of the different 7.92mm bullet /projectiles (or heads....sorry Tony...). I've been sent some but they have gotten mixed up in the post and i'm trying to match them up with the corrent cartridges, I know what the type are ie sS, SmE. Also i'm keen to try and identify any modern additions.

Thank you
Michael

7.92mm

I will forgive you for the crack about "heads (possibly)!

However, one could write a book about the various 7.92mm projs, and Dan Kent and Eric Windisch both have. You need to relate the annulus colours to the different bullet types, as the Germans did not generally differentiate between loads with their headstamps. (I presume you are talking about german and not British or other foreign types).

Post the details of what you have, including annulus colours and we will do our best.

Regards
TonyE

Guys all sorted, web site is excellent, found sectional drawings of all the bullets and was able to weight with scales and used calipers to measure lengths. All the headstamps, coloured annulus, projectiles, match the excel spread sheets..

Regards
Michael