What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75x515R85 French AA case - strange primer and unknown headstamp

H

Hoeksel

Hi all,

Please see the 3 pictures of a 75x515R85 case (French AA). The first is the one you typically see, the second has a primer I have not seen before (the added birdy; Polish or Austrian?) and the third has a stamp I have not seen before (EF).
Note: I will make e macro pic of the bird.

Can anybody identify the unknown primer and the stamp of the third case?

75 FB = Frein de Bouche (muzzle brake)

75 EF might be Ecole a Fue (firing school)

Attachments

• 75EF.jpg
    75EF.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 75FB export.jpg
    75FB export.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 75FB normal.jpg
    75FB normal.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Birdy.jpg
    Birdy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
One of our members send me a picture of a head stamp of a Polish used 75 mm M1897. This case has the same bird, so I am convinced the primer is Polish. Is anybody familiair with Polish use of this AA gun?

That is in fact the polish eagle. They bought a lot of french stuff befor WW.2. We captured a lot and used them in navy units.
The German designation was 7,5cm FLAK L/59 (p).
There are french cases - polish cases and German cases.
The primer is in fact a striker that hit an primer inside. Some have real igniter tubes inside. If they are not fired beware the primer
system has a murderous charge.

Last edited:
Nice! Today I found a shellcase on the internet with a headstamp on a French 75 mm M1897 showing both ECP and EF. I do know ECP stands for Ecole Centrale de Pyrotechnic (Bourges), and Ecole = school or training centre. In my opinion a clear indication to EF indeed meaning Ecole a Fue (firing school).

Attachments

• 75 DEC with EF.jpg
    75 DEC with EF.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 49