What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

76 mm practice projectile

William49

Ordnance approved
Hi, does anyone have info to this 76 mm Russian projectile?

Attachments

• 76 mm.jpg
    76 mm.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 76 mm (1).jpg
    76 mm (1).jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 48
Hi, does anyone have info to this 76 mm Russian projectile?

Probably an A3-UCh-62 (А3-УЧ-62) drill round, which has an inert empty projectile and an inert fuze. The projectile rigidly attached to the casing via a rod that runs from the primer area to the base of the projectile.

It's either that or an inerted A3-UPS-62 (А3-УПС-62) series practice round.

My money on the UPS62 (the green band at the bottom of the nose cone and the ring just below)

Hi sgdbr , a small addition.
Fuze ,,Fоловной взрыватель ВГ–67,, (Nose fuze VG-67) ,School -green band ) -in the picture Cartridge : А3-УЧ-62 , (source Wiiliam 49)
https://repository.library.voenmeh.ru/jspui/bitstream/123456789/99288/1/elr00782.pdf , page 45

or ,,fuze,, ВБ- 67 balistic plug --> Cartridge : А3-УХ-62 (picture source MINENAZ16 ; not original packaging)

Last edited:
Hello all together,
if I understand aright the pictures are showing an inert empty projectile with an inert fuze VB-67 (взрыватель ВБ- 67) and has a green band. I have attached 2 photos from the VB-67. The fuze VG-67 is a PD fuze with a SD element for the 76 mm OF-62.
Thank you again for your interesting threads.

Attachments

• взрыватель ВБ- 67.JPG
    взрыватель ВБ- 67.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 26
  • взрыватель ВБ- 67 (1).JPG
    взрыватель ВБ- 67 (1).JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 21
Hi William 49
I will write it differently.
1. ,,Головной взыратель ВГ–67 (VG-67),, its school version fuze has 1 green belt.
2. The only ballistic dummy plug is marked ВБ- 67 (VB-67)
it is in your last 2 pictures.

Therefore the VB-67 does not have a green belt (there is no reason for this ...)
Akon

Last edited:
I have found this poster in old NVA documents to the 76 mm practice projectile PS-62. There the fuze VB-67 has a green band.

Attachments

• 76 mm (2).jpg
    76 mm (2).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 22
I have found this poster in old NVA documents to the 76 mm practice projectile PS-62. There the fuze VB-67 has a green band.

It would be interesting to know what 'A-050' series, 'DV' series, or other East German (NVA) document the diagrams were from? That or uploaded to the document to the forum's downloads section.