What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

90mm M19B1 Shell Cases

Vollketten

My local junk shop has two still brown lacquer coated shell cases. You cant miss them as they are huge. Someone has rather nicely made two wooden heads for them.
Headstamp is M19B1 which I understand to be steel.
gUpSFVR.jpgOFkLKaj.jpg
I apologise for the terrible photos but my phone is junk and I wasn't prepared to grab shots of them.
Ther are rather nice in their own way and I only really have smaller stuff but these are interesting, I want to make sure I'm not paying over the odds for them as they seem a bit pricey to be honest.
I'm looking for forum help. Is $100 for the pair too much, reasonable, or a bargain?

Since you only added photos of the heads, we have no idea what shape the outside walls of the cases look like. No matter what, $100.00 for the pair is not a bargain in my opinion. If you visit scrap yards frequently, you might find the M19 Brass cases that you could pick up for brass price of $25.00-$40.00 each. $25.00 each for steel cases would be a good price, and $40.00 each would be a high price, unless the outsides of the cases are mint lacquered. That is the part of the case that everyone typically sees, not the case heads.

Thank Hazord. The cases were all still lacquered. I hadn't even realized they were steel until I picked them up, i saw no damage or anything but I just had no idea on the pricing. I doubt the chap selling them did either. Thanks for the advice. They can sit in his store for a while :)