What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

90mm M71 heirloom

Everyone loves pictures, as do I. Currently in transit, but an interesting story, everyone loves a good story....purchased from a man who lives in Gary, Indiana who acquired it from his uncle who worked at the Joliet Arsenal, Illinois during WW2. It has a 1943 date on the projectile driving band, no markings what so ever on the brass head case, totally unmarked. He says his uncle ( and other employees) would manage to take home the ones that failed final inspection and employees used them for containers, umbrella stands,....He stated the cases were not marked until they passed dimensional inspection, and this one failed inspection.....that's his story, and I am sticking with it. He had it advertised on Armslist, a lot of calls about it, but no one wanted to drive and pick it up. Armslist listers will not ship anything, I missed out on a few interesting items because the owners refused to go through the shipping hassles. I have a relative in the area, unemployed, ( seems everyone in the Chicago area is unemployed) so I paid him to pick it up and ship it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
...I forgot to mention, he was selling it to help finance a quality gun safe as crime was skyrocketing.....

Joliet Arsenal operated till the 80's. Interesting article here. http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/Joliet.pdf .The graves are from the 1940's explosion? ....400 ammo earth bunkers still on site.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: