What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

95 x 305 case

SG500

Premium Member
I was lucky to pick this up recently.
Its described in the Hawkinson listing as:

"95 x 305 R
Rim diameter 146mm
Brass
Fixed round
95mm Exp short bottle neck from 105 x 617 mm case. FS 6 fin holder inside case. 37.7mm press in primer and filler hole. English/German?
"

The photos show the headstamp, side view of the case and the fin holder which presumably was put inside the case before it was finally shaped as there is no way of getting it out.

Does anyone have any more information about this round. Would it be an apfsds round or some other form of fin stabilised round? Has anyone got complete examples they can show photos of please?

Thanks.

Dave.

IMG_5513.jpgIMG_5512.jpgIMG_5519.jpg

I picked one up around 27 years ago at a Gun show in California, from a guy that was selling a lot of European ordnance. At that time, I believe I was told they were experimental tank gun from Germany (West).

Thanks guys.
Any ideas about what sort of projectile it used or were both of yours just the cases?
Dave.

Just a case. I looked at it tonight, it is German. It also has a lot of handwriting on the sides, like how much propellant was used in that test. I will post some photos.

Last edited: