What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Beautiful Backyard

million dollar junkyard,

Hi Moondoggy,many thanks for posting those pics,what amazing forethought that man had in collecting all those planes and saving them from being turned into coke cans,a twin mustang,cutlass, stuff that is as rare as rocking horse droppings,well done that man,he should be justly rewarded for his efforts,
Again,many thanks,Don,

Hep, that is what the FG means here in North Eastern Ohio. I use to live about 1,500 feet from her for many years. I remember an old lady that was about seven house up from me. She told me allot about the great hanger, which is still the highest free standing structer than anything else in the world.

She (would cause Brown outs) whenever one off her doors opened up. She also helped in the test firing of the six .50cals in which you could put a watch on the timing of the first burts. The were exactly linlined in roles of 5-6 FG-1's would be on the day too. They did these firings only on Monday through Saturday. I forget about the time and even the days where.

A few had some problems and slammed into the side hill of the Rubber Bowl. But I have heard and seen some books that the quality control on the FG-1 was better by far the best plane out there. Take it for what it's worth and face value.

Also, we were one of the top three areas to get hit from a first strike from the Soveites. The reasons were the following:
1) We were the Rubber Capitol with all of the tires beeing built here (Goodyear, Goodrich, Firestone, and smaller companies such as Seiberling,
2) We were the Trucking Capital of the world
3) We were the match Capitol of the world
4) We had B & W which built clasified Nuclear propusion drives and boilers and othe clssifed materials.
5) Then we hade some experimitation with Subroc in nearby Wingfoot lake which also had its classified drills and testing. Those are just the ones that I know off.

Sorry for the history lessons. I hope everybdoy else enjoyed it.

Also, The Kent State Shoot out too! Only 15 miles maximum.

Mark
V40.

I really like the F2G Super Corsair. There were only 18 built. This one is currently undergoing restoration. I also like the early experimental Sky Raider with the original navy blue paint. Great stuff!