What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Canadian in Malta

MissingSomething

So... I find the little bits with a story the most fascinating.... I don't care about the condition but the story makes up the piece....

I was corresponding with a lady that lives in Malta, I was looking for (and still am) some WW2 2" mortar caps.... well she sent me some things.....

IMG_1959.jpg

The caps were unfortunately unusable for what I needed. She did however send me a button that she thought that I might find interesting....

Its from a Canadian uniform...

IMG_1956.jpg

I did not know but there were approximately 400 Canadian on there helping to defend it against the Italians and Germans.

In the Battle of Malta, where the Luftwaffe and the Italian Regia Aeronautica were fought to a standstill, 25% of the defending pilots were Canadians. George 'Buzz' Beurling, Canada's top ace with 32 kills, fought there.