What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of 20mm projectiles

Shell Shifter

Picked these up in Gettysberg whuilst waiting for my power to be restored after the hurricane.
One looks like your normal 22mm, the other looks like it should have a nose cone like you see with the larger projectiles. A new one on me. I am sure someone knows what the story is.

IMG_2314.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Shell Shifter,
It looks very much like a 20mm APC round to me, are there any stampings on the driving band ? I would agree that the lower one is one in the same without the cap and band. I picked up a similar one that is a WW2 dated experimental round, picture attached.
I would be interested to see some more info on this posted if anyone can help, thanks for showing it.
Best regards Weasel.

Unknown 20mm APCBC 0012.jpg

M95 AP-T,see prevoius posts under 20mm projectile identification.

cheers
Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for posting that picture, I must have missed that one when it was previously posted, that is just what I was looking for. Best regards Weasel.

You've got a 'before and after' example,i'd leave as they are.
Most likely will get distortion if you can work the cover off.
Or you could 1/3 or 1/2 section,this pic of a similar projectile 1/3 sectioned.

mk12usn.jpg
cheers
Bob