What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few grenades

MG34NZ

Greetings all, I attended a small Gun Show here in NZ this past Sunday, I was persuaded to submit a display for the occasion so dusted off a couple of my Stick grenades for display, sorry the pic is not to great, it was a rush to get pics done before the show opened.
Also I had a good score with a few rifle grenades I picked up, interested in opinions on what looks like a No20, could the paint be original? and also the ELMBANK 1916 Pippin? German stick a very rough one thats refurbished but still an early variant .
Enjoy
MG34NZ

Attachments

• OTOROHANFA 09 002 (Custom).jpg
    OTOROHANFA 09 002 (Custom).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 92
  • OTOROHANFA 09 015 (Custom).jpg
    OTOROHANFA 09 015 (Custom).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 82
  • OTOROHANFA 09 013 (Custom).jpg
    OTOROHANFA 09 013 (Custom).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
  • OTOROHANFA 09 014 (Custom).jpg
    OTOROHANFA 09 014 (Custom).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 73
  • OTOROHANFA 09 016 (Custom).jpg
    OTOROHANFA 09 016 (Custom).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 71
...I was persuaded to submit a display for the occasion so dusted off a couple of my Stick grenades for display...

Andrew, a couple are 2.... :xd:

I was never that good at maths my friend , Must be the sun getting to me..... :tinysmile_twink_t:

The No20 Mk1 could be original paint as they were an Ochre yellow. Just missing its coloured filling bands, and the Pippin is the mk 2. Ive seen Elmbank foundries cast on no22's and on No34Mk3's. Not sure about the white paint though, looks a bit new.
Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul, The paint is a grey colour and it looks to be original , a little hard to tell in the pics as it looks very new with a flash photo. The body is very clean, no pitting or anything and where the paint is chipped there is a patina to the metal but I honestly dont know, the No20 again the paint is lovley as is the metalwork, where the paint is chipped its a nice even patina and no trace of coloured bands, its an olive green colouring, My other No20 is a mustard sort of colour with pink and red bands.
Im very interested to know anything at all about these as WWI Brit grenades are a new collecting field for me.
Best Regards
MG34NZ