What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little help please

Billy's Bullets

Good day everyone.

My name is Carl and I have just joined your Network today, and am wondering if I could get some help with a mortar round that was given to me on Monday. I don't know anything about these, but I am a militaria collector and my Grandfather was in the RAOC in WWII, so maybe it's time.

I was able to get some info that was punched into the shell (is it a shell, a round, ???) and here's what I found:

CS 537 10LBS 111 LM 8 41
on the fin is NO10 LAY/C 7/45
there are also what I think 2 inspection stamps G<-30 and G<-36.

In my browsing on this sight I saw a thread where someone had refurbished a similar round, painted and stenciled, etc, and also replaced the fuze. Are these available to buy somewhere, replicas or originals? I was also contemplating refurb, but would be much happier with it complete looking.

Any info those wiser than myself can give would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you....

Attachments

• DSC05330.jpg
    DSC05330.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 45
welcome to BOCN billy im sure someone will help you with your 3 inch mortar

regards lee