What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Mystery solved,

beihan62

Premium Member
Hi All,I hope you find this story interesting,during 1993 and 94,I went on two aid trips to Bosnia,in most of the houses where we dropped aid off we were always offered coffee in small cups,the sugar was always in green plastic bowls,it puzzled me as to why everyone had green bowls,later on there was a bit of a problem and a policeman offered to give us an assault rifle for a bit of self protection,we decided it was not practical to swing an assault rifle around in the cab of a truck so he offered us a fragmentation grenade,the grenade was brand new straight out of the box,it looked like a big green plastic ball,he unscrewed the two halves of the green ball and gave us the grenade,he said he wanted to keep the plastic grenade case as they made good sugar bowls,:wink:
Regards to all,Don,

So what did you do with the grenade at the end? Gave it back? :D

Sugar bowl?:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Attachments

• sugar bowl.jpg
    sugar bowl.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 23
Sugar bowl,

Thanks for the replies,I am pleased you appreciated the "sugar bowl mystery",the said grenade was handed in at a border checkpoint,they were quite pleased as,with our grenade they now had two grenades to defend their border with, Regards,Don,

Thanks for the replies,I am pleased you appreciated the "sugar bowl mystery",the said grenade was handed in at a border checkpoint,they were quite pleased as,with our grenade they now had two grenades to defend their border with, Regards,Don,

No sugar bowl though:tinysmile_angry_t: