What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Present from Darwen

satan18

An unexpected little pressie arrived on friday and it turned out to be a donar 67 to complete another for me.

At first it looked a bit crusty so i removed the lower half which was bad and used compressed air fired through a fine tip nossle to remove the scale.

Not a bad top at all only with some minor corrosion,and coulped together
with my spare bottom half and restored clocks and we have a winner:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Cheers waff

Attachments

• After the Battle 054.jpg
    After the Battle 054.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 82
  • After the Battle 055.jpg
    After the Battle 055.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 76
Not a bad top at all only with some minor corrosion,and coulped together
with my spare bottom half and restored clocks and we have a winner:tinysmile_twink_t2:

That will be one cracking fuze when fitted together phil, well done!!

regards Kev

Wow!! That turned out well mate. :)
My pleasure Phil to send it as you help me out a lot on my stuff.

best

waff

Wow!! That turned out well mate. :)
My pleasure Phil to send it as you help me out a lot on my stuff.

best

waff

Couldnt believe it as i thought that top was going to scab up but it realy stayed together well,and lives to be whole again:xd:

Best phil

Nice one Phil very good indeed, what's the secret to getting the screws out of the 67's?
I can do it with the 41's but so far have not managed to shift a single screw in any of the 67's I've got. Any useful tips would be well appreciated.
Ta,
Dave.

Nice one Phil very good indeed, what's the secret to getting the screws out of the 67's?
I can do it with the 41's but so far have not managed to shift a single screw in any of the 67's I've got. Any useful tips would be well appreciated.
Ta,
Dave.
Hi Dave

The hardest one is the top screw on the 67s the rest need to be soaked then heated then frozen,and that normally frees them.

I use Liquid N which unfortunately is not available in all good shops but
i can only obtain small amounts of it as it is lethal to use,but effective.

There is a spray version of it used in the automotive industry but is a bit costly,or you can use plumbers artic spray but you will have to confine
the item you wish to freeze.

Hope this helps

Best phil

Thanks Phil, you've just given me an idea, you can buy those small cans of verruca treatment (yes I'm serious!!) from the chemist that are frozen gas of some sort, will give it a go. Hadn't thought of the freeze as well as the heat option.
Dave.

Thanks Phil, you've just given me an idea, you can buy those small cans of verruca treatment (yes I'm serious!!) from the chemist that are frozen gas of some sort, will give it a go. Hadn't thought of the freeze as well as the heat option.
Dave.

Nay worries Dave

You can use Artic spray from a plumbers as its still the cheapest option
and will create a lovely Hawe frost on a 41A as i have just done one and the thing stuck to me glove :tinysmile_classes_t

Best phil

OK thanks, looks like its going to get really cold in Wales soon!
Dave.