What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A trio of new Grenades

paul the grenade

Hi All.
heres a few new additions to the collection.
1st is an early british experimental X5 gren date 6/59 which developed into the L2A1. 2nd is the cast iron practice version of the X5 stamped on the base 01. Ive no idea what the red 3 means. and 3rd is a minty 1ww German Kugalkopft with its original handle. most you see have repro handles.
Anyone with any info on the early X5's please let me know.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• Page4X5.jpg
    Page4X5.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Page4X5practice.jpg
    Page4X5practice.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Page6Kugalkopft.jpg
    Page6Kugalkopft.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Page6Kugalkopft2.jpg
    Page6Kugalkopft2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Page6Kugalkopft3.jpg
    Page6Kugalkopft3.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 40
Awesomoso

Great additions Paul. I am really partial to the German WW1 Kugalkopft. I think that is the first i've seen with original handle. And "minty" does this piece no justice as it has to be the finest example i've seen. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Oh yeah, I like the others too!!!! Good job...Dano

Last edited:
hi dave.
Im afraid not.:tinysmile_cry_t:
Both bodies came with out fuzes. ive just added them to finish them off fo the photos.
Paul.

QUOTE=millsbomber;152314]Nice early L2 paul, does the fuse match the body. dave[/QUOTE]