What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A.Z. N34(t)

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Question on the A.Z. N34(t).
What is the difference between the A.Z. 34(t) and the A.Z. N34(t)?
Also does that change the Czech designation of HO?

Joe

Attachments

• HO1.JPG
    HO1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 57
Hi Joe

H ,,Hlavový,, ; Nose
O ,, Okamžitý,, ; not dely or (SQ)

German source H.Dv .... N 34 (t) A.Z. N34 (t) Comment: It is always an identical fuse.

fa.Skoda source: Note is the difference between the fuse for 3.7cm and for 4cm (4.7cm) has a different construction drawing. The principle is the same with different spring parameters.
There is also a difference in the insurance of the fuse in the thread of the body fuse or shell of the Czechoslovak shel/ or export Germany.
Akon

Thank you ...
So let me ask this. I know the AZ stands for Aufachlag-zunder for percussion fuze. what does the N and the (t) stand for?

Joe

Thank you ...
So let me ask this. I know the AZ stands for Aufachlag-zunder for percussion fuze. what does the N and the (t) stand for?

Joe
The thing with the letter "N" is like this. I'll start a little from the beginning to give it context ...
Skoda offered several types of impact fuse for calibers of 37-47 mm. I will give you examples:
HS ( caliber for 37mm)
HJ head simple for 37mm, 40mm, 47mm
HO (head eye view for 37mm, 47mm)
PG-OK (47mm)
OK
CB
SB
MnG
JG-OK
MnG-OK
aj. Note that nowhere in the Czech nomenclature is the letter "N" in the designation of fuse up to 47 mm.
Then we have the Škoda documentation from the period up to the year 45 where the form of the HO fuse label is as follows: A.Z. HO or optionally Aufschlagzünder HO.

German military sources: The only regulation of the German army that I have found (so far!) And indicates fuse is H.Dv.481 / 127 (issued June 30, 1942), among others here on page 14.15 is the format of the designation A.Z.N.34 (t) (including the dot after the letter N ) but on page 17 the dot after the letter N disappeared ... the same on page 20 the dot is again.
About the letter ,, N ,, nowhere in HDv.481 / 127 feet :)
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------
I have 3 working hypotheses lleter ,,N,, :
N -Nýřany tangled the skull mark of the factory between the markings (by mistake)
N - ,,Německý,, German signal precisely those changes in the construction of the body and the design of screwing into the body of the projectile (Czech and German design differ).
N -Norma vulgo design year 1934 (instead of model 1934) ie abbreviated ,, N34 ,,

It is necessary to search in German ,, waters ,,

PS :
Only on the sidelines of the fuse "HO", after the war in 1947 came the version "HOC" and in 1948 "HO -adapted" and that would probably be enough :)
Akon

Last edited: