What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aiming round

navyman

Hello all,
I'm looking for some information regarding the 1inch, Naval Aiming Round. I have a solid lead projectile for one and a case in the post, (thanks Rrickoshae), but have no idea how the system worked. I would appreciate any pic's or drawings of these? I've tried searching for data but not found anything yet.
Best regards,
navyman.

Attachments

• 1 inch 3a.jpg
    1 inch 3a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 62
Hello all,
I'm looking for some information regarding the 1inch, Naval Aiming Round. I have a solid lead projectile for one and a case in the post, (thanks Rrickoshae), but have no idea how the system worked. I would appreciate any pic's or drawings of these? I've tried searching for data but not found anything yet.
Best regards,
navyman.

Navyman a good book on this is British Small arms ammunition 1864-1938 by Peter Labbett. Chapter 6 in the book runs to 25 pages and is all about 1 inch aiming rifle ammunition.
Dave.

Many thanks Dave, I will hunt that book down.
It sounds as though it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Cheers,
Guy.

1inch

Try searching on 1 inch aiming on the search facility above, theres been quite a bit on this round. Can confirm Peters book is the best on this item, its what got me into them. Is the case you're getting of SA? if so it has strange headstamp, can you post a photo when you get it? ta. 2pr

Hello 2pr,
I photograph everything I add to my collection, and (try to) keep my catalogue up to date. I'll show a picture when I receive the inert case.
Cheers,
navyman.