What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ammo and tortoises

sksvlad

DSCF7540.jpgDSCF7537.jpgDSCF7541.jpgDSCF7546.jpgDSCF7547.jpg
This post was banned at IAA forum. It shows the author (in orange) and Jason the APFSDS guy at Jason's house, trying to balance a round on a Galapagos tortoise.

Last edited:
Vlad, Sorry to read it got banned there. Thanks for showing. Cheers, Bruce.

Why?(well someone has to ask!) .
Is ammo balancing on Tortoises a sport in the US?, is it a counter to ninja Turtles?,something to do with Hares?

Hurump!! That dog looks frightened. I think I might have to call PETA unless I get it certified in writing that the dog had to go pee and was not being threatened by that scary looking round.

Evidently some people are way too politically correct. I would hate to think how hard it was to get paperwork to have Galapagos Tortoise.

You should have put something tripod mounted and belt-fed on the shell. That would get them all wound up.

It was great seeing you, Vlad!

We figured that if their was some type of ammunition in the photos that Vlad would not have any problems on the other forum :) I run a licensed Wildlife Sanctuary here in the States and am privileged to work with numerous species of amazing wildlife.

Jason
PS: The dog did have to pee :)

So the photo was banned not because it mixed ammo with tortoises, but because it had tortoises? ...isn't that reptilianism/reptilianist?

They just like forum threads that talk about specific ammunition topics, not so much a trip to see a friend and animals :) Its all good.

To be honest I too struggled to get the connection.

Its a very strange combination, if you dont mind me saying so. The tortoise obviously has an armoured shell for protection, and placing an armour-piercing round on its back is a little 'suggestive' ??????? Why indeed?

of course reading a little more into the thread, now I get it ; that animals and apfsds rounds are a big part of Jasons passion, but surely the combination of the two as presented - without any explanation, is perhaps a little oversight? It may well be interpreted in a very different light.

Loving the tortoises and great job your doing by the way, Jason - how old are some of those guys in the pictures (tortoises, not the humans!!)

regards Kev

On the other site Vlad posts his adventures to, what seems to be, every military museum in the United States that has ordnance and the things that fire them. Then he finds more such places after you think the supply to be exhausted. The pictures he posts are VERY enlightening and the time he takes to do it are a much welcome addition to that forum. This last trip to see Jason was welcome to see anywhere and I can't wait to see what other things he discovered in his visit. Thanks, Vlad and Jason. Cheers, Bruce.