What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ammunition Labels

EODGUY

I have had these laying around for years and seldom look at them. They are part of a grouping of 176 labels from New Zealand that are for all callibers of small arms (.22 rimfire to .5-inch), some mortar ammunition (2-inch and 3-inch) and fuzes, explosives (Gelignite & TNT) and other ordnance related items. For the most part they are in excellent shape and I think date back to the 1970's. Most are brand new, never having had the loading information added. The only problem is that they are glued to sheets of paper, so for the purist they may be damaged. Thought someone might like to see a few of them.

Attachments

• Labels 1.jpg
    Labels 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Labels 2.jpg
    Labels 2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Labels 3.jpg
    Labels 3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Label 4.jpg
    Label 4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Labels 5.jpg
    Labels 5.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Labels 6.jpg
    Labels 6.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 74
Excellent labels and very interesting to see. If you feel like posting more please do.

Last edited:
NZ labels

Those are very nice labels, but you are a little out on the timeframe! Those are all WW2 or earlier.

I particularly like the 1 inch electric Aiming Rifle blank. That is taking economy to extremes!

I would be interested in trading with you for these. PM me if interested.

Regards
TonyE

1 inch blank

It saves money on projectiles!:cry:

It was probably actually used for saluting purposes.

Regards
TonyE

.5 inch tracer

The .5 inch Vickers tracer label with the Fleur-de-Lis identifier is particularly nice, since although a Vickers tracer is listed, it never went into service officially.

Regards
TonyE

Labels

Unless the New Zealanders are keeping secrets, those are British labels. The "H" number on the label identifies them, plus the fact that the Kiwis never loaded Vickers rounds.

Regards
TonyE