What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another accident.

I'm on mobile right now and I can't translate the article. Was all the ordnance live? Or just that one piece was un-knowingly live?

I'm on mobile right now and I can't translate the article. Was all the ordnance live? Or just that one piece was un-knowingly live?

This is how it translates when you hit the translate button.

Dave.

The arsenal found in the village of Muskiz amounts to 500 explosive devices

As reported to the Safety department BE, is discovered in the house in which he kept the explosives quantity man suffered partial amputation of a leg when manipulating a shell.

The love of war material, predominantly of the Civil War has cost Alfredo Irusta face, neighbor Muskiz 46 years. Apparently it's amateur track such remains were buried in the mountains and collect . Over the weekend it emerged that hobby after he broke a shell manipulating at home. He was taken to the Hospital de Cruces, where it is admitted, and where he had to partially amputate the leg.
The novelty of it is that, after the explosion occur, the Basque police cordoned off the area and started the ocular investigation by members of the Mobile Brigade and bomb disposal team. They have remained there two days and the result has been the location of five hundred explosive devices in the home. Specifically, as reported Ertzainta, 345 artillery shells, mortar hundred forty hand grenades, five bombs aviation six anti-aircraft shells and several fuses .
To our knowledge, the wounded is Alfredo Irusta (46 years), known in the town for his love of history and specifically the Civil War. In fact, in 2006, did a video interview of 12 minutes duration in which various related Francoist uprising 36 images of the year and its impact on the Civil War showed. He focused on those acontecimiedntos Biscay municipality where he resides, in the district of La Cadena, a hamlet next to the national road connecting with Cantabria. Family of injured, consulted by the SER, confirm that interviewed a few years ago his ancestors involvement in this type of historical facts.Residents of the town say ignore his hobby of collecting such artifacts, but knew his interest in history. Recently, this neighbor Muskiz gave out some bones to Aranzadi Science Society. Blow who said he found by chance. This discovery was made at Mount Saibigain

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprisingly neutral, they could have been much more negative.

Another accident in Spain again.
Two bomb squad members injured by the explosion of one handgrenade in Seville (Spain). Latest news say maybe a training exercise, not a handgrenade.

http://bit.ly/1pgyj02

Last edited:
Lets hope the injuries are only minor and they are soon able to return to work,
Regards,
Don,

I wouldn't call having a hand amputated a minor injury if the news article is accurate.

I wish them both a speedy recovery.

Sorry I did not realise it was as serious as that,I could not open the link,I too wish them a speedy recovery,
Don,

The 3rd grenade pictured is really a piece of art. I have never seen anything comparable. The only comparsion are old cannon from the 18th century and arms (engraved). This really is a collectible item. Thank you for showing it.
regards,
Bellifortis.