What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any ideas

Not sure that it is for munitions. The wired down screws would not normally be done for a munitions pieces, but likely the piece was intended to stay on or near an aircraft. Wiring them down keeps them from being sucked into an engine or something similar.

Hi US-Subs,
I'm 99.9% sure that it is munitions related due to it's location of recovery and very likely within a A/T role,one more bit of info,all the bolts have sheared and looks if they were designed to.

Tony

Should be an interesting piece then.... Seems a bit over-engineered for end caps -

I dont'n know, but it seems linked to a some type of scatterable AT landmine such as AT-2 or PT Mi-D1 or similar item.

Regards
stecol

Years ago I worked with AT-2s being ejected from MLRS, there were tubes, but they had nothing like this. Any ejection charge designed to shear 6 bolts is going to be pretty healthy - anything inside would have to be pretty robust or well protected.