What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any one seen this one

vinnyw

Hello everyone,and good day.
I picked this up about 20 years back with another grenade,it was a bring back from the jap theater as the story go,s.I beleive it is a pratice grenade it is the same hight as a mk2 without the fuse and about 1 3/4 " at its widest,sorry i do not have it in mm ,can anybody set me strait .
Thank you in advance.
Vinny:tinysmile_classes_t:tinysmile_classes_t

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 60
Better pic.

Here is a better picture,hope this helps.
Vinny

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 49
Hi Vinny. I've not seen on before but it has the same sort of look about it as WW2 practice grenades made in the UK (MIlls types).

John

There are a couple of Japanese practice with a similar size and frag pattern, but I've never seen one with the Mills-type protrusion near the top.

I havnt seen anything like it either, a sort of cross between a Mk 2 and a Mills. If it is of Japanese origin, why did they put a filler on it? Very interesting though.

Here is what is to be believed a WW1 Dummy Mills gren but no filler visible.

Andy

Attachments

• WW1 Mills throwing Dummy.jpg
    WW1 Mills throwing Dummy.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 43
Hi Vinny. I've not seen on before but it has the same sort of look about it as WW2 practice grenades made in the UK (MIlls types).

John
Thanks John,I thought it looked a little like a jap but there are more rolls of frag bits on the japs,and its a little narrow foor the Mill,s,thanks for looking and your comment.
Vinny

I havnt seen anything like it either, a sort of cross between a Mk 2 and a Mills. If it is of Japanese origin, why did they put a filler on it? Very interesting though.

Here is what is to be believed a WW1 Dummy Mills gren but no filler visible.

Andy
Thanks Andy for looking and your commentI was hopping its some kind of jap variant,,I hope some one else has on and can set me strait on it.Have a good one,
Vinny:dontknow:

Thanks John,I thought it looked a little like a jap but there are more rolls of frag bits on the japs,and its a little narrow foor the Mill,s,thanks for looking and your comment.
Vinny

Vinny

It may well be Japanese. I don't think it's European.

Nice find.

John

Vinny

It may well be Japanese. I don't think it's European.

Nice find.

John
Thanks John,I was thinking that the jap dummys or pratice are the closest thing I have seen.to it,its always tuff when there isn,t any info on them.But thank you very much for your responce.
Vinny

unusual

Here's a pic of some Japanese trainers, the one on the left has a wood plug in the top. Sometimes the plug is metal. I've never seen that grenade body before. There are many undocumented Japanese Training grenades around. Unusual.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Attachments

• DSCF0520.jpg
    DSCF0520.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 34
Here's a pic of some Japanese trainers, the one on the left has a wood plug in the top. Sometimes the plug is metal. I've never seen that grenade body before. There are many undocumented Japanese Training grenades around. Unusual.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com
Thanks for your expertese,if you havn,t seen it I guess I might never no for sure.
vinny :tinysmile_classes_t:tinysmile_classes_t