What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone hve a good source for this WW2 German Ordnance Green?

jeff w

I have a panzerschreck shield that needs to be repainted to match the schreck.

The schreck is the exact same color as this German HEAT shell.

I have tried some hobby sprays but they are too light (Tamiya).

Has anyone done a German restoration and found a good match for the common German Ordnance green color? Note: the color appears lighter in this image on my computer than in person.

green 002.jpggreen 003.jpg

Last edited:
It is probably a RAL colour.

Your local paint supply shop should be able to lend you a set of RAL colour charts.

Thanks Glevum - yeah I guess that will work but would need to airbrush it on (I hate my airbrush!).

Does anyone know of a common hobbyshop available spraycan ready color that is close?

Rustoleum Flat Dark Forest Green is the closest spray paint that I have found. It is still too light. I have to do a light over spray of flat black to get my items dark enough. The three on the right have original paint. The two projectiles in the short kwk cases have been repainted. The LIG 18 round with the copper driving band is 50% original paint and 50% restored.

I am 90% certain your 75mm HEAT round has been repainted.

german feld grau.jpg

Here in the UK I can get spray cans filled with paint mixed to any colour.

Try a good paint supplier. You might be able to take a sample to a bodyshop paint supplier and get it colour matched.

Just curious - where do you get those? I've been searching for a place to make me up some spraycans for US smoke grey. Cheers
Here in the UK I can get spray cans filled with paint mixed to any colour.

Try a good paint supplier. You might be able to take a sample to a bodyshop paint supplier and get it colour matched.

I use Middleton Panels in Gloucester.

Have you tried Vinny Byrne in Dublin?

Halfords also do a mixing service in some shops, but it can be a bit variable.