What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argintine 105x372mm pack howitzer

ken68

Hi this is an Argintine 105 x 372rmm case for the OTO Melara pack Howitzer . this case was a part of the shipment sent to the Falklands war 1982 . Argintine 3rd & 4th Artillery groups . this batch I think was fired by our troops after the war on the Falkland islands . I am sure one of the guys on BOCN id the batch and his regiment fired them off . pictured next to our 105 x 326r FD .

Attachments

• 105mm 004 (2).jpg
    105mm 004 (2).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 105mm 006 (2).jpg
    105mm 006 (2).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 105mm 008 (2).jpg
    105mm 008 (2).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the info is this still the oto melara pack howitzer ammunition . I posted the head stamp before and someone put a picture of the british regiment next to a pack Howie and said it was a falklands batch they fired after the war , I am pretty sure it was on BOCN ?

Yes thats the picture i seen before and one of the men said about the head stamp was in the batch of 105's
Thanks for the picture its ringing bells now

Cheers Ken

The gun shown was a war trophy/gate guard. It was at the entrance to 2 Field Workshops REME outside of Stanley and wasn't fired by them.

Thanks i know there was someone def said that it was fired after the war but not sure if it was on here or another forum . Bugger i cant remember ?????? :(
Never mind its got me thinking again .
The pictiure def rings a bell though .

Cheers Ken