What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrived in post 2

Tmine35

Premium Member
Russian WW2 Diakonov rifle grenade red flare arrived by mail today.

Attachments

• Diakonov-1.jpg
    Diakonov-1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Diakonov-2.jpg
    Diakonov-2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 77
Reino, teach us about that rare item, please. Many of us already know about the combat ones, but this one its the first time I see one.

Well Miguel, unfortunately I have not much details about these. In a Finnish WW2 manuals I can only see that we captured these in White, Red, Green, Yellow color star and Smoke. All shells are black with bottom color corresponding to star color, and smoke shell with nose painted red.
Further they all have different notches on bottom to identify in dark. Length 140mm OA.
They all were fired with blank cartridges unlike Diakonov HE-grenades.
There also was a shorter version of at least white star shell with 83mm length OA.

I paid 120 Euros for mine and it was a bargain from seller. This was the first one I have seen for sale - he had a few similar more though.

It depends, one may think this just a piece of cardboard and wood - no shiny brass.

Russian WW2 Diakonov rifle grenade red flare arrived by mail today.

Very nice and rare. Your very lucky to have this. It's in fantastic condition, really amazing condition after all this time.

Thanks for showing and telling about this flare Reino. I've never seen one before.
This forum and it's members are the greatest, and are always showing something new and interesting to learn about.