What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT-2 (DM 1233) scatterable landmine

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone have any information on this mine / scatterable muntion (German DM 1233 / AT-2)? I am looking for good pictures (straight on and multiple angles) as well as internal information. Its a newer munition.

I am working on updating the EOD publication and am lacking some information as well as good pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Does anyone have any information on this mine / scatterable muntion (German DM 1233 / AT-2)? I am looking for good pictures (straight on and multiple angles) as well as internal information. Its a newer munition.

I am working on updating the EOD publication and am lacking some information as well as good pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I know this german mine - DM12 or DM12A1
I think it will help you :tinysmile_grin_t:

Attachments

• DM12 oder DM12A1_2.jpg
    DM12 oder DM12A1_2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 51
  • DM12 or DM12A1_1.jpg
    DM12 or DM12A1_1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 47
My example. The "antenna" rises 22 inches from the top of the mine. When these were tested, it was reported that the antenna could be whipping around in a wind storm without a detonation, but if something mechanical or a non natural occuring touch was made to the antenna, the mine would detonate. Excellent discriminating software! In the shipping position, the antenna rotates downward 90 degrees and wraps around the top edge of the mine body, fitting into a groove between the plastic ribs on the side of the body, and the body itself.

Attachments

• Full Height.JPG
    Full Height.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Iso.jpg
    Iso.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 41
  • IsoCU.jpg
    IsoCU.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Measure.jpg
    Measure.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 30
  • TopPer.jpg
    TopPer.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 28
I've got the same piece as Hazord, maybe a little better and with the parachute. I don't remember if I've got any tech data or not, we did the trial tests at WSMR, several sixpacks of AT-2 carrying MLRS rockets. I had the data at one time, but that was a few lifetimes ago. At SLICS right now, watching storms/tornados go over the airport. I can look for data when I get hoime later in the weekend.

To everyone,

Thanks for all the help. This is an interesting mine as I have seen several with different numbers on legs. This is going to be very helpful in the publication.

Joe