What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Armor Museum

Slick

I've been watching their restoration videos for some time. Amazing what they can do with scraps and relics. The following video is an overview of their holdings. Included is a short bit about their ammo collection and display (a little after the 15 minute mark). They mention that half is theirs and half belongs to Darrel who works in the resto shop. If Darrel is on BOCN(as well he should be)(and probably is) please pipe in and give us your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQohemfGVI

I had also taken note of their videos. What a wonderful collection. Their fabrication capabilities are world class. It is a shame it is all on the other side of the world.

A fair bit of the restoration work has been carried out in the UK by a friend of mine. I have made parts for quite a few of the vehicles including the complete gun, mantlet and mount for the M4A1 Sherman as well as the trackguards, upper hull and ports etc for the Pz 38T.

It is a wonderful collection and I hope to get over to see it one day.

WP_20160919_14_36_35_Pro.jpglh guards.jpg

Last edited:
These are the only ones I took of the Pz38T. Picture quality is not so good but they give an idea of what I had to do. I made all the visors too but don't seem to have taken any photos.
p1010034.jpgguards (1).jpgguards.jpglh guards2.jpgrhf (1).jpgrhf (2).jpgrhf.jpgvisor2 (1).jpgvisor2.jpg

The Sherman gun was everything to bolt in to the turret front as original. It's all fabricated, whereas originally all but the gun tube was cast. I sectioned a short piece of 75mm rifled bore into the end of the tapered sheet metal tube to look rather more like an original!
WP_20160919_14_37_27_Pro.jpgWP_20160919_14_37_36_Pro.jpgWP_20160919_14_36_55_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I have made all sorts over the years, much of it for Sherman family but also Pz IV, Panther, Churchill, Cromwell, Comet, Valentine armoured cars, carriers etc. I have also made a few film props.
WP_20150129_001.jpgWP_20160713_14_18_57_Pro.jpgWP_20160713_14_19_33_Pro.jpgWP_20160713_14_20_45_Pro.jpgfront damage.jpg

Awesome skillz. Love the turret basket.
Do you have some of the latest and greatest shop tools or are you old school?