What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auxiliary Booster M104 1942

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
I got this nice item from a good friend in Belgium, Auxiliary Booster M104 made by C.O.D. 1942. Mint condition, i know that it has been used in US bombs, but i am looking for information in which kind of bombs, perhaps pictures about the booster, Ben

Attachments

• booster 001.jpg
    booster 001.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 20
  • booster 004.jpg
    booster 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19
  • booster 005.jpg
    booster 005.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 18
Looks like the booster used on the M47 incendiary/chemical bomb. I can check some books when I get home tonight.

Auxiliery boosters are used in almost every us high explosive bombs made in the war, most bombs containted two. I found one drawing where the M 104 is named but I think this type is used in every bomb. Strange it came with the packing becaus there inside the explosive and you cannot reach them.

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11
Good call Erik, there's no scale in the photo and I wasn't paying close attention. I was thinking of the burster tube for the M47, it's longer and has a hex nut on the end.

Many thanks, i have got 2, one for in the front and one is the base, thanks for the help, Ben