What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVB-E nose and tail bomb fuze, Russia

microplastic

cutaway model of a russian AVB-E all ways acting fuze in armed condition. The fuze is electrically activated and can be used as nose or tail fuze. The fuze has a lenght of 155mm and a diameter of 60mm (top).

When the bomb is dropped , an electrical charge from the aircraft fires the electrical arming squib, which in ignites a pyrotechnic delay. The delay when burnt through, ignites a small propelling charge, which in pushes the arming plunger into the arming plunger housing. The spring is now free to reassert itself, pushing the arming rod, Firing pin housing and firing pin upwards. The firing cap is placed in line and locked, the fuze is armed.

Attachments

• AVB1.JPG
    AVB1.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 70
  • AVB2.JPG
    AVB2.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 70
  • AVB3.JPG
    AVB3.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 60
  • AVB4.JPG
    AVB4.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 66
Thank you cery much, I am just on the brink of cutting one for my collection, this saves me a lot if thinking work.

am excited to see it, if i could cut the fuze once again, i would cut the fireing pin housing by 90 degrees off to see the slider in a better way...

Greetings

As I cut two fuzes I had the luxury of executing one fuze in safe position (left), and the other one as armed (right).
I think the way you descided to cut it is perfect, I only made a minor addition in cutting the cup with the double pyrotechnic delay.

Attachments

• AVB-E Fuze safe and armed.jpg
    AVB-E Fuze safe and armed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36