What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B1 Incendiary

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
This B1 incendiary bomb came my way today ,anyone have more info on the markings etc please feel free to add them to this post

Attachments

• incendiery incendiary bomb fuze fuse german ww2 (1).jpg
    incendiery incendiary bomb fuze fuse german ww2 (1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 45
  • B1 incendiary bomb markings.jpg
    B1 incendiary bomb markings.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 39
  • incendiery incendiary bomb fuze fuse german ww2 (2).jpg
    incendiery incendiary bomb fuze fuse german ww2 (2).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
Nice one Spotter.

The letter G is a code letter for 1935, found on front of fuze and main body.
The AZ 8312 mark refers to the fuze.
Rh S is the manufacturer Rheinmetall

I think if you look closely on the fins you will find a nice impressed waffenampt eagle - they seem to be stamped into the metal on the early models.

hope this helps with some of them
regards Kev

Thanks for the info Kev,,cant see anything on the tail section,they retain about 80% of the original paint but have light rusting on them so they may be hidden or lost

...are there any markings on the tail fins at all? if so it is usually on the same side as the ink stamps. The rust may obscure it. I will take a picture of the impression on the one I have so you can see what you are looking for.

regards Kev

Here are some pictures of the stamped marking on the tailfin......not the easiest thing to photograph. (apologies as I had to use the flash, which I dont really like doing). You can see also the ink marking also has the letter G (1935) which also corresponds to the body and fuze in the one I have. The impressed marking is to the right of the ink stamped 'G'.

regards Kev

HPIM7133.jpgHPIM7134.jpg

Here is a link also to a thread started by 'Waffenamt' on a similar stamping, again on a G marked tail unit.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/49608-German-Incendiary-tails

Last edited:
Very nice example Mr Spott!
I dont often see the Aluminium fuzes of late. Always steel-tilebreakers.
Good acquisition,thanks for showing it.

best

waff