What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bangalore torpedo box

kiwieod

has anybody got any details on the internal packaging for the US M1A2 Bangalore torpedo from the Vietnam era.i will be making some repro tubes for my box

A couple of years ago I ran across a dozen or so of those boxes. Converted a few to shelving. Traded and sold off the rest. I'll get some pics and measurements and post them later today.

As for internal packaging, the 10 tubes were just placed in there, as were the connectors and nose plugs. No wrapping/packaging of any sort.

While you wait, here's the post from when they were acquired:
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/78208-Some-things-I-got-today?highlight=bangalore+torpedo

Last edited:
thanks for that,mine is missing the divider that makes the pockets for the nose piece and connectors,i will make that as well.i have an original nose cone but like everybody else need some connectors(I will have to make those as well).did you go back and get the mine signage?

So, here are some pics of the divider, which is a 4 1/2" W piece of 1/2" plywood, length = inner dimension of box. Some used thinner pieces. The spacer blocks are 2 3/8" X 4 1/2".
IMG_1369.jpg I re-positioned this one and made a shelf out it. The rest were of lesser material and not substantial enough for the purpose.

bang box 2.jpgbang box.jpg The original placement of the spacer. There was a strip of tar paper in there, as well. Not sure what service that provided.

And of the lot of boxes, only one had anything in it - IMG_1370.jpg a nose and three connectors.

They did make for some quick and easy shelving, when it's all said and done.IMG_1368.jpg

As for the mine signage, no. He was attached to them and wouldn't sell at any price.

Last edited:
thanks for that,very useful when I make mine.my box also had the tar paper in the bottom and some heavy brown paper wrapping.thats a good use of the boxes for shelves.