What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barricade-penetrating cartridges

The Less Than Lethal version has CS or CN powder or liquid in a slug sized cup. Supposed to be used to shoot through doors or windows, into a room, to run out any bad guys within. Not effective, really.

Here's liquid CS version
12 ga cs.jpg12 ga rules.jpg

Last edited:
So mine is a practice round for the real one which is not effective? Ha-ha
barricades5.jpgbarricades6.jpgbarricades7.jpgbarricades4.jpgbarricades.jpg

Last edited:
While the usefulness can be argued, it is important to remember that the Ferret is designed to be used in an enclosed space. As with any agent, the effectiveness will be affected by the size of the space, how well the agent is disseminated (hard-target vs soft, distance to the intended target, etc). I will say that I have experienced the results of the Ferrets and the liquid form of the agents is more aggressive than the smoke.

The ferret has gone through several evolutions and remains very popular with law enforcement as a non-lethal alternative. Internal to the cartridge is a finned plastic projectile which carries the agent. Practice is water, active agents include CN, CS and OC, I've been told that dyes are optional. The ferret is loaded in 12 gauge and 37mm. The cartridge for the 37mm is in the far bottom right of the second photo. Also in the second photo you can see the earlier variations on the bottom left. Fins on many of my examples are broken off, results of field recoveries. Apologies for the photo quality, but I'm making due with the photos I have at work.

1a.jpg1b.jpg2a.jpg2b.jpg2c.jpg

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 33