What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belgian 2" HE ?

tigbrand

Premium Member
I bought this off a dealer recently, it wasn't cheap but nothing is these days. It was sold as a late British HE, but it's not British. Can someone please confirm its origin please. I think its Belgian.
What is interesting is the mazac plug, this is the same as the bakelite type seen for sale on Ebay etc. These are sold as British but all my original WW2 bombs don't have this type of plug.
Cheers Tig.

The tail was made by Pressure Castings, Toronto, Canada, in November 1943, so is it a Canadian monogram stamped into the body? Can't quite make it out.

Edit to say, if it is JC, then that would be Canadian Industries Ltd, of James Island, British Columbia.

Tom.

Last edited:
The tail is WWII Canadian, Pressure Castings of Canada, Weston.

Any marks on the cap - inside or out?

TimG

Should have 'refreshed' prior to posting!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies chaps, yes the tail is Canadian the same as my other Belgian bomb i posted ages ago. The body is marked JG. Attached pic of my other Belgian bomb, note the feint circle which matches the one on the HE. The cap has no markings. I know Belgium bought loads of surplus post WW2. Also the colour of British bombs was green with yellow band by this date. Thanks Tig

Whoops can't see the circle on that pic! it's there on the other side though.