What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belgian rocket

mogway

I'm looking for information about the belgian 83 mm HEAT rocket.

Photo 350.jpgphoto351.jpgphoto 352.jpgF2138U01.jpg

These photos were taken in Afghanistan. The rocket was made by MECAR in Belgium.
But my questions are:
-In which country this model of rocket was exported?
-Why the operational temperature range is farenheit?
-"Blindicide M12" is the rocket model or launcher model?
Thank you for your answer.
Mogway

Not my area, but a quick search would appear to show that the Blidicide RL-83 is a launcher for the 83mm round also made by MECAR.
Best Weasel.

Thank you weasel for your reply
I know that the rocket is fired with BLINDICIDE RL-83 launcher also made by ​​MECAR but my questions were not about this topic.

Is there a year of manufacture indicated?
The Fahrenheit looks much like a US relation (as for placing the order with MECAR).
The given temperature range is about 0C to more than 55C and the light color on the rocket engine (heat protection) indicate them being intended for very hot climates.
Maybe US aid to Alkaeda during the Soviet period?
Just guesses....

Ok, 1969 is no US aid to the anti Soviet war then.
Who else got US support in that region in about 1969?

I looked at the countries which used the degree Fahrenheit in 1966 but there are some which are suceptible to have mattered the blindicide rocket

Could it have been a Mexican round?

I think they used the Blindicide Rocket.

Last edited:
I think that this rocket comes maybe from the bengladesh and that it arrived in the region during the war for independence of the bengladesh against Pakistan in 1970.