What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belgian Telescoping Grenades

EODGUY

These are two of the Belgian telescoping rifle grenades developed quite a few years ago. They are pictured with their plastic carrying containers. The HE version on the left is in the compressed carry configuration. The practice version is extended as it would be placed on the rifle for launching. Extending the grenade deploys the pop-up sight on the tail boom. Not sure how plentiful they are in Europe, but haven't seen many here in the US.

Attachments

• Tel Grens.jpg
    Tel Grens.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 64
Bullet fired RG's"...

Seen alot up here in Ohio at the gunshwos. Mostly in the "blue" version. I had one of these years ago. But like an arse I sold it because I needed money back then.

If I remember corectly, these were meant to be shot using a regular rifle round which traveled through the grenade length wise and used the pressure fired from a regular "Ball" ammo cartridge?

If I remember all of this correctly?

V40

Regards, Mark

You are correct. The grenade is a bullet thru type. There is a polymer plug in the base that the bullet passes through and then the gas pressure behind it propels the grenade from the rifle. Can be fired from any weapon with the standard NATO 22mm flash adapter. The grenade is pulled to extend it before placing it on the weapon. This unlocks an out of line safety and pops up the sight on the tail boom. When fired the grenade body rotates bringing the firing train into alignment. At launch the grenade also compresses back to the short configuration which brings the frag sleeve around the explosive charge. On impact it functions.
Don't see any of them around here. Wonder how a lot of them got to Ohio?