What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belt of MG151/20 cartridges

Thats a very fine belt you have there, and one very proud co-collector by the looks of things!!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but could you tell me what the combination of the belt is? I note the repetative pattern of rounds, so I take it that was the correct configuration as used.

regards Kev

Kev,

These are not in a "correct" written configuration. However what is the correct one? I found several configurations on the internet, between no Pzrg, only spreng, then with "brand"etc. At the end of war, there was even a document that allowed the base commander to vary the configuration depending on mission and stock. This one is a "pzrgr", a "Mine"and a "brand". I have two other bands, one with a 1-1-2 config etc. Pzrgr were less used during the end of war, because they entered, and left the aluminium construction, without to much damage to the primairy construction, and become a waste of space and weight. The effect of a Mine or Brand shell was mucho worser for the A/C, and his crew. If anyone has more info about the used configurations, German or Allied, please put them on the tread, would be a nice discussion. I try to dig up some info too.

Hi, thanks for the above info.
It is just very nice to see a belt using a repetative configuration of rounds, as would have been used. Great condition too - well done!!!

regards Kev

Great to have so many rounds with the same good condition,did you make yourself the confguration, or you have found it like that? Here some configurations found on wk2ammo forum

Attachments

• Gurtung 1942.jpg
    Gurtung 1942.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Gurtung 1944.jpg
    Gurtung 1944.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I made this one according the second document, the 1-1-1 configuration.
I had a change to obtain a lot of rounds and a lot of links, and had to configure the belts. Now i will try to configure 4 more of these belts, based on your documents, will take a while, post a picture. Thanks anyway for the documents, i had to check my old files for these, since my old computer stopped working for me as advertised :). Thought the content was time driven, the configuration was adjusted during the war.

Belts found on two different Me 109,s

The commander of a Jagdgeschwader dicided what kinda ammunition ,
they used in the guns.Oberfeldwebel Erich Ett told my this, He was a pilot
on a Me 109, that we excavate in 2002 (www.arga-nl.nl)

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 50