What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beltring sc50 restoration

satan18

Well off we go with the second installment,of restoring what i thought
was a short sc50 but for the posts recognition i will leave it that way.

Thanks to Madbomber who took the time and trouble to rake up some lovely line drawings of all the luftwaffes variants of SD50 and this is what it is,an SD50L.

I have welded the nose back on with the correct alignment and will need to be re dressed cosmetically,before being sandblasted and primed.

There are back to back Waff marks and a date which puts it to Aug 1940.

Next came to the tail fins which are still on going but are straightening out lovely.
Traces of original paint still remain and gives me a good template for the final re finishing.

Thanks to all you Dropped ordnance collectors who actually read my posts
and take the trouble to write nice things:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best satan

Attachments

• Beltring resto 019.jpg
    Beltring resto 019.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Beltring resto 018.jpg
    Beltring resto 018.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Beltring resto 017.jpg
    Beltring resto 017.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 58
that looks like its going to be a nice project satan will look forwards to seeing the finished result

regards lee

Its always a pleasure to see an item restored to its former glory especially when by a skilled person.
Im afraid i dont have the know how or such said skills. I should have spent more time helping my brother restore his Morris Minors i guess?
Phil,a purist would say 'leave it as is' but if its in such a state where if left will decay further then the only way forward is to restore. :)

I know there are a few of the lads in here that enjoy your series of restores(myself included of course).
Keep up the good work and series of pics pal.
Are you working the 'red' SD50 pictured as well or is that for another day?

W

Its always a pleasure to see an item restored to its former glory especially when by a skilled person.
Im afraid i dont have the know how or such said skills. I should have spent more time helping my brother restore his Morris Minors i guess?
Phil,a purist would say 'leave it as is' but if its in such a state where if left will decay further then the only way forward is to restore. :)

I know there are a few of the lads in here that enjoy your series of restores(myself included of course).
Keep up the good work and series of pics pal.
Are you working the 'red' SD50 pictured as well or is that for another day?

W

Thanks there mate

Its allways a problem if only some paint remains but taking into account of the rest of the work required on the case then re painting is the only way forward.
I was starting the other SD50 in the pics but got a bit to carried away
when i started this one,so maybe i will work them both:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

the bomb

Looking good Phil, I really like being taken through the steps, and already it has taken on it's shape, looks like the tail is coming out pretty straight. I can wait to see the finished product, because it is really interesting going through steps and watching it really take shape..Best..Dano

Looking good Phil, I really like being taken through the steps, and already it has taken on it's shape, looks like the tail is coming out pretty straight. I can wait to see the finished product, because it is really interesting going through steps and watching it really take shape..Best..Dano

Thanks Dano

This is the first complete one i have managed to find so i to am looking forward to completing it especially putting the coloured stripe on the cone once the bomb has been painted:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best Phil

Its looking a lot better since we brought it down to you on that wheely-truck!

W

Thanks Mate

I think its going to turn out nice and incidently these fins also fit
the SD That you and i have,so theres food for thought:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil