What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Berndorf Headstamp

Gspragge

Premium Member
Can any one post a picture of a Berndorf casing dated 1913 or as close as possible. I what to see if the crown on this 1904 case is still being marked at a later date.

Attachments

• Berdorf.jpg
    Berdorf.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 84
Hi, This might not be of any help but mine is an earlier one dated 1894 and no crown
Andy

Attachments

• german case.JPG
    german case.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi Gspragge
As I Know, this crown was headstamped on the navy stuff.
If you need I have a navy 7cm berndorf made in 1916 but it has the army acceptance stamp.
regards

Andy, nice case, not sure I know what they were loading them with at that time in 37mm. Interesting that the crown is for Navy.

Hi Gspragge, mine is a 57mm canister shot round.
Andy

Attachments

• 57mm canister shot.jpg
    57mm canister shot.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Can any one post a picture of a Berndorf casing dated 1913 or as close as possible. I what to see if the crown on this 1904 case is still being marked at a later date.

hello

what are please the dimension & caliber please ?

The one I have (1904) is 37x95 , an 1890s 37x95 Berndorf example does not have the crown. If the crown indicates Austrian Navy then some will have it some not, but in my experience the Navy's were the main users of the 37mm before 1914 and the majority of 37x95 cases would then have this, Highland Otter has posted numerous examples Roth etc. but no crowns. So is it Navy or particular to Berndorf at this time.

Hi
the lack of the crown, or other acceptance marks typical Austrian, considered a production for export.
in the photo an example of army production.
L= George Roth
eagle= acceptance mark

Attachments

• 37x94 L 1916 rid.jpg
    37x94 L 1916 rid.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 44