What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Artillery Museum in the US: Fort Sill, OK

Let us try it again. Sorry, some are sideways. You have to want to go there; it is not on the way to anything. The inside displays are fantastic, but the light was dim for photos. I like the WWII German heavy arty, the Vietnam SPG with the RPG hit, and the WWI German observation periscope. The started with a field of rusty guns in 2009; now look what they have. They made the choice to use glossy paint for better protection on the outside displays.

Vietnam RPG hit on SPG.jpgIMG_1597.jpgIMG_1599.jpgIMG_1598.jpgIMG_1600.jpgIMG_1601.jpgIMG_1602.jpgIMG_1604.jpgIMG_1603.jpgIMG_1605.jpgIMG_1607.jpgIMG_1606.jpgIMG_1610.jpgIMG_1612.jpgIMG_1611.jpgIMG_1613.jpgIMG_1618.jpgIMG_1617.jpgItalian 37mm WWI.jpgJap 75mm AA.jpg

You know, its pretty easy to rotate the photos. Just double click on them on your computer, then click on the rotate clockwise or counter clockwise arrows on the bottom of the photo.

I could not even get it to insert properly the first time. No luck with rotating them by double-click. It just jammed. Sorry.

Perhaps a reboot and clear your cookies and run your antivirus program. Malwarebytes.com has a free version that will give it a good enema too.

Looks like they expanded and moved the exhibition since 2003 when I was there.
I did not see any AA guns before.
The pics I have are old, but I can post them if anyone is interested.

@M8owner - There was also a nice museum in Oklahoma City, 45th inf. Div. if I remember right.

Bob

Last edited: