What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big demolition charge - need identification

Recently bought this thing.
Was found at the site of German ammunition depots. He was with electric detonators. Explosives were hermetically sealed and filled with oil.
Dimensions 35X15X52cm
I would appreciate any PB030484.jpgPB030483.jpgPB030485.jpgPB030486.jpgPB030488.jpg
information.

No idea? Today, talking to the former owner, he said that was excavated two of these boxes. In the second marking is preserved - red and yellow cross and an inscription in German. Can a chemical charge?
I hope soon I can get a picture the second box, then it may be more clear.

Don't know what it is for, but if you are correct that it is German then I would bet that it has nothing to do with CW. The construction is far to light, there is no provision for sealing or separate filling - this thing would leak very quickly and you would have major contamination issues. Not typical of any German chemical designs, they were much more experienced than that.

if it was partly filled with oil that would suggest some sort of incendiary/thermite/ device, maybe for starting fires at oil storage,airfields etc
it also has the same type of look as the US M1 incendiary,file,destroying and the one shown in photo
could be a smoke generator also

Attachments

• P1040956.JPG
    P1040956.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 22