What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bk-463um

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am wondering what fuzes go with the Russian 122-MM BK-463UM HEAT Projectile? Does anyone have that information available?

Joe

Joe,

According to "NGIC-1143-782-98 Projectile and warhead identification guide - FOREIGN" page 110, it would be the PIBD fuze GPV (see bottom of attached pic). I have no data about this fuze in my database.

RU_PRO_122HEATFSBK463UM.jpg

Regards,

S.

Hallo S.,
I tried to download the booklet, but I was asked to enter a mobile Tel.No. and sign on for an Abo. The mashine translation is very bad, so I do not understand it completely.
regards,
Bellifortis.
After a closer look at the drawing, it seems that GPV-2 in cyrillic letters is writtent on the fuze. weberoed is right.

This fuze is described in this book (see pic) available online : http://wave9.ru/books/militaryhistory/35229-Golovnoy-vzrivatel-GPV-2.-Rukovodstvo-sluzhbi.html

View attachment 124840

Regards,

S.

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't try to download with the link. It seems the file was removed even from depositfiles.
I just uploaded it in the download section. It's in the moderation queue.

Regards,

S.

Last edited:
Thank you for making the booklet available. Now there is something bugging me since a very long time. I'm not a russian speaker. You translate the russian designation as :"GPV-2". In the russian alphabet the same letter is used for V and W. I was told that it depends on the usage and pronounciation if the letter is a V or W. I checked an old east german (DDR) manual. There the fuze is named GPW-2. From the decades long collaboration of the russian and east german military, I would put more trust in their translations. Now this problem, V or W is very common, because so many fuze designation use that letter. Is there anybody that can shed light on this discrepancy ?
Greetings,
Bellifortis.
UPDATE : Book appears in the download section