What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody dogs

gothica7

Premium Member
Came home tonight to find the 5 month old pup missing. Found that she had bitten a hole in the wire netting i have stretched over part of the garden to make a pen. Its quite big, 30m by 30m but she had gone.
spent a frantic 30 mins running all over the fields, calling and chasing about only to get back, stand by the garage and look up. There she was, sitting on the ridge tile!!! I nearly fell over with suprise. Mollie isnt very big, small JR type. Luckily i had a very long ladder and i managed to get the quivering little thing down. Wish i had taken a picture. I have heard of cats doing such things but dogs!!
Ten minutes later, i let her and Evie have a run around in the front garden and they just vanished. Again, a lot of running around farmers stubble filled fields and eventually found them a mile away in someones garden, having been given the nod by a lad walking his dog, having a whale of a time. Boy were they hard to catch.
Dogs, who'd havem.

Andy

I feel for you.

I just got a new dog that is deaf, he only listens to sign language, and well sorta likes to play a little hard. He is a Boxer from a house that was loving him. Before that he was in a Boxer Rescue home because the pepole there abused him.

We treat him with respect and love and he does the same, he loves my son and wife tremendously, Great ability with his other senses, and seems to be best guard dog I have ever owned. And, while the rest of the family is soaken up his attention and his love back.

While all this is happening and they are out, him and I are working out the "Alpha Male" situation. I got him licked this morning when I pinned him on the ground to where he could not bite or get away. Now he is following me around the house. I think I did it

Mark

Thanks for all your kind comments, i am just amazed as to how a dog can climb onto a steep garage roof and sit there like a bird. I know she is only small but it was an amazing sight. Wish i had taken a picture.
Even with all the agro, i lovem to bits, little buggers.

Andy

Hi Andy,, glad they ok,,, you sure you not putting trill in their feed ? :)

I have a baby macaw that plays like a puppy.. rolls over and bites ( play biting) she plays for hours untill the kids wind her up and then the gloves are of :) and its Dad can you take Tinker shes getting snotty,,, arghhh!!! to late got tagged,

Best Regards nick,,

Andy,
Sounds like you have your hands full!
It's horrible when they run off like that...
We have a Border Collie (Jack)
Been on top of some pretty wild cliffs and he doesnt seem to be bothered
by heights at all. Allways amazed by that. Wonder if all dogs are like that?
Great company and a great excuse to dissapear into the mountains to look for stuff using "he needs a lot of exercise..."

All the best

T42

Attachments

• Jack at the hut.jpg
    Jack at the hut.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 14