What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMARCo 35mm Oerlikon projectile colours and markings

Falcon

I have an inert 35mm oerlikon AA round made by BMARCo in 1984. The projectile is currently unpainted steel with the aluminium nose plug.

Does anyone have an official document that shows the colour scheme and markings for the various projectile types in this calibre from BMARCo?

Thanks for any info.

Sorry, I don't. I do have one pretty example but I'm not sure what type it is! The main body is a slightly greenish shade of grey, over pink and yellow bands.

ModNaval30-40mm.jpg

Here is the relevant page from the Oerlikon catalogue. If you want a different load let me know and I will post the picture.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• Oe 35mm HEI.jpg
    Oe 35mm HEI.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Tony, that actually reminded me that you gave me one of those catalogues for the 35mm a few years ago.

There are two loads shown that have the black shell body with the yellow and pink band. Both of these include HEI effects.

There are some other photos in the catalogue that are only shown in a photo.

There is a yellow shell body with a red band under the fuze, and a yellow shell body with green and white bands above the driving band. However there is no indication what these are.

A good thing is that the rounds in the photos have no lettering, which makes the re-painting easier.

I have an inert 35mm oerlikon AA round made by BMARCo in 1984. The projectile is currently unpainted steel with the aluminium nose plug.
I have the same cartridge (HE - I, 1 - BM - 84 on the projectile).
The projectile is light yellow
I will put a picture tomorrow. now, It's time to bed !

Michel

Greetings and salutations!

Hello everyone may I please ask if anyone may be able to part with or know any source for a nice 35mm oerlikon complete preferred or projectile only thank you very much

Glenn

Thanks Michel. I believe that is a repainted practise round. I have seen these for sale before in the UK. Still, it must have been made from a copy of original markings so should be accurate.